Regroup All "Drag Select Mode"

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Vince Stewart
Regroup All "Drag Select Mode"

Post by Vince Stewart » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:46 am

I switched over from Drill Quest this season and would like to see a time saving feature from it incorporated in the next release of Pyware.

When using the Regroup All function in the Knife/Glue tool, allow the designer hold down the Ctrl or Alt key to go into a "Drag Select Mode".

This would allow the designer use the mouse pointer to touch each individual marcher to select it while holding down a key on the keyboard.

This feature would literally save the designer hundreds of clicks per show and greatly increase the speed of selecting marchers without having to click on each one!

Of course, this feature would be in addition to the current method of left clicking to select marchers.

Thanks,

Vince Stewart
Victory Marching Services

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:52 am

The adjuster editing tool allows you to do what you are describing. Click on this tool and you would ten be able to drag any position anywhere.

Vince Stewart

Post by Vince Stewart » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:54 pm

I understand the use of the adjuster editing tool, what I am tying to describe is an addition of a new method of SELECTING individual symbols when using the Regroup All function in the Knife/Glue tool.

The way it works now, you have to click on every single symbol to select it, this can be simplified as in Drill Quest by allowing the user to hold down a key on the keyboard and use the mouse to touch (not click on) each symbol to select them for regrouping.

Think of the same motion when using a pencil to solve a "connect the dots" puzzle.

Can any other former Drill Quest user explain this better?

Thanks,

Vince Stewart
Victory Marching Services