Total Distance

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cgoodwin
Total Distance

Post by cgoodwin » Sat May 30, 2009 6:22 am

I'm sitting here at the CBDNA Athletics Symposium listening to a presentation on marching band footwear and injuries. Apparently, in a 10-12 minute show, students march a distance of 1 to 1.5 miles. I was thinking it would be interesting if Pyware had a way to calculate the total distance marched in a production for one member. It should be pretty easy to implement since the program knows the number of steps taken and the step sizes for each individual spot. Obviously, it's not anywhere near a necessity, but it would be cool for students to get that information, and it seems like it would be an easy thing to add. They could even then calculate the number of calories burned in a show, rehearsal, season, etc. (Hey, maybe the PPT could have a calorie calculator built-in,too!)

bobbycorno

Re: Total Distance

Post by bobbycorno » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I too would love to be able to see the total distance traveled. It would be a 'cool' fact I could share with students, and naysayers that don't think that marching is athletic. Also, I could try to place the more physically demanding spots based on student ability.

trimpe

Re: Total Distance

Post by trimpe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 am

From an advocacy standpoint, this is a really great idea.