Streamlined

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

CymPimpin
Streamlined

Post by CymPimpin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:19 am

I am only using 2.0.3. BUt I would liek to see 3d Java more streamlined and user friendly. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to write with a computer and it saves so much time seeing where collisions may occur. But a lot of the dialog boxes and such look like they were programmed in 1995. And there are little things like wierd overlap glitches with some toolbars or the bottom of the application is not viewable at any resolution even when maximized.
And there is certainly a large learning curve when tryin pyware.
I love the idea nd the program but it just seems to me that a lot of little things can make this a frusterating experiance.

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Streamline features

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Version 2.1.0 should take care of some of the unusual visual quirks. Version 3 should advance this even more. There was a change in the UI as part of a feature upgrade in version 3.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

marooncadets

Post by marooncadets » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:42 pm

CymPimpin,

I write music as well as drill. Currently I use Finale for notation and quickly realized it was a powerful tool that I wasn't sure how to use. I got involved in forums with finale, asked questions, and found answers that speeded up the learning curve. Now I write music quickly and efficiently.

I have used the pyware drill writers almost since they were created. Most of what I learned was trial and error. Then I got smart and started asking specific questions to the folks at pyware and other users. Slowly but surely I got to where writing drill takes little time and edits are a piece of cake.

The purpose of these user forums is to help persons such as yourself, and probably others, do what you do better. I find this forum and people at Pyware extremely helpful to whatever your needs are, you just let them know what you need. While Dustin will handle the update suggestions, many persons, such as myself, would like to help reduce the learning curve. I have learned shortcuts that help the process of drill writing and others have too.

Dustin will tell you I have rang the phone off at times to get an answer, but I always get an answer and it helps me greatly.

Thanks Dustin, Thanks pyware and Cympimpin, I look forward to helping the learning curve.

Jim Jolley (I do not own stock in Pyware... really I don't)
Jim Jolley- Assistant Director of Bands - Center Hill High School - www.chbands.com