Hot-keys

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

CymPimpin
Hot-keys

Post by CymPimpin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:22 am

I don't know if version 3 has this, but hot-keys would be nice. I write more indoor drill than anything, so I hardly ever use the Pointer Select Tool. I almost exclusivly use the Box and Lasso Tools. It would be nice for each of the toolbar tools to have its own single-button hotkey, preferably all close together. So one would not have to use the mouse to select a tool then select the performers. then the next tool, and finally, the motion. I find, when using other programs like Sibelius, that it is much faster and easier to use the keybaord for commands and the mouse for selction. So with hotkeys I could hit 1 key to select Box Tool (it would be nice if I could make that the default selector as well), then use the mouse to select the performers, then another hotkey to pick the manipulation tool, then either the mouse or keybaord to effect the manipulation. I know I probably sound lazy, but it does get tiring moving the mouse cursor back and forth across the screen every few seconds. Especially to do the same functions dozens of times.

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Shortcut Editor

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:51 pm

There is a full shortcut editor available in version 3 of 3D Java Interactive. It allows you to assign any key to serve as a hot key for a tool.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support