Production Sheet renaming

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

chrisgow1
Production Sheet renaming

Post by chrisgow1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:04 pm

The ability to rename the columns in the production sheet would be helpful.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Production Sheet renaming

Post by Pyware » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 pm

As an example what would you like to rename the columns to?

-Dustin
Pyware Customer Support

chrisgow1

Post by chrisgow1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 am

One band I know writes sheets with separate columns for Winds, Perc, Guard, Misc Notes.

George

Post by George » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 am

chrisgow1 wrote:One band I know writes sheets with separate columns for Winds, Perc, Guard, Misc Notes.
Chris,

Hey man - I have an idea of something you can do in the mean time as this is what I did for one of my clients this year which is almost exactly what you are asking about.

Right now, we have those 3 "Notes" columns... and though you can't actually change the column name ON the production sheet (which I agree would be a neat option to have) you can still simulate it on the drill charts by adding a bit of extra info in the Text Template Editor.

When I did this, I created and used a unique template for that one band that included notes where "Note 1" was for the Winds, "Note 2" for the Guard and "Note 3" for Miscellaneous and/or Percussion.

So, I set up the text template like this:

~

And when it prints out on the charts, it looks something like this:

The cool thing is that we can use all of those empty columns for whatever we want. Yes, maybe you already had that part down... but I think if you are able to make a mental note on what column represents what section, everything should come together just fine with the customized template.

In my template, I use the "title" column to indicate whether there's a Hold. And along with being sure to include the info like "Winds: <note 1>" etc. this allows for me to provide all of that information they needed and wanted on the charts. I suppose if you wanted to use all three "Note" columns for the winds, perc and guard, and then the "Title" column for misc., that may work too.

In addition to your request, I think it would be neat to have additional, even more, columns or the ability to add or remove columns that are shown. And if each file could save that particular template for that particular drill, that'd be cool too.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com