A few suggestions, mostly printing

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

trimpe
A few suggestions, mostly printing

Post by trimpe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 am

I have a few suggestions for possible updates in the future. More later, but I wanted to post these tonight (this morning?) before I turned in.

Printing suggestions:
1) Have the "save as default" option also save the coordinate sheet report style (half pages, quarter pages, etc). I always do quarters, seems like it always defaults to halves.
2) Have a "save as default" option for the print preview windows. I use crazy large monitors, and having them able to always start up at 150% would be fantastic. It would also be beneficial to have the sizes it saves as default to be different between coordinate sheets and the actual drill charts.
3) Have the "save as default" option save printing preferences in the shortcuts for the drill charts. Rarely do I ever want to print out my subsets, just one less click.

Glue tool suggestion:
1) Sometimes when I create a block, my groups are all crazy from how I got them there and built it. My next step is usually to go to the cut tool and reset it all and then redraw them relative to my new block. If you have a large band of 100 or 200+, this is really time consuming. I would propose some way to click and drag through the performers to glue and regroup them. I could click on the first person in the front row and drag my way all the way across.

Audio suggestion:
1) I realize I'm probably a broken record here, but I'm going to keep asking for some way to restore mp3 functionality to the program, even if it's a backdoor config file alteration or a "use at your own risk" check box or something like that. I'm also a composer and arranger; having to make multiple copies of the same file is not the end of the world, but I would rather not have to do it. Invariably I realize at the last second that I didn't make a new file and have to stop what I'm doing to go convert it in another program I would otherwise never use.

That being said, I still love the program. I resisted moving from the light board for years, but after the last 7 or so years, I don't think I could ever go back. Keep up the good work.

George

Re: A few suggestions, mostly printing

Post by George » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 am

trimpe wrote: Audio suggestion:
1) I realize I'm probably a broken record here, but I'm going to keep asking for some way to restore mp3 functionality to the program, even if it's a backdoor config file alteration or a "use at your own risk" check box or something like that.
Ditto!

I never once had a problem with mp3s. having to constantly convert the files IS a hassle for me and I hate it. just being honest. :\ but if it is impossible to go back to mp3, that's cool. it's a little ironic, in a way, that one of the primary reasons for doing this was to make the file size less. Well, now I have twice as many files (having both an mp3 and ogg audio file) and it's taking up more HD space as a result. I really like to be able to play my audio files in Quicktime. .ogg files will only play in audacity. Maybe another player plays it, but then I'm having to install another application just to be able to casually listen to the music I'm writing drill to.

This is the first time I've responded about this since the elimination of mp3s. After two writing seasons of using ogg files, it really is a huge hassle for me. I vote for the "use at your own risk" feature and being able to use mp3s again. (if it's possible.) :)

George
Drill Designer 2002 - present

iMac OS X 10.7.1
Pyware v6.0.7
http://www.virtuosocreative.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: A few suggestions, mostly printing

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:08 am

I have added these suggestions to our updates list.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536