NCAA Performer Viewpoint

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cgoodwin
NCAA Performer Viewpoint

Post by cgoodwin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello -
I've discussed this issue with several people over the years and am surprised to not find anything about it on here. As many of us know, the NCAA dimensions cause some problems with us in terms of the grid. (Have there been any developments on this that I've missed?)

I currently offest the back hash by 2 steps to approximate the right number of steps between hashes. So, the grid from the back hash to the back sideline doesn't line up as nicely as the front portion of the field. This isn't a big problem most of the time EXCEPT when I print performer viewpoint charts. It seems the program simply flips the drill, but leaves the grid where it is. In other words, what was the back of the field is now the front of the field. Because of the way the field measurements work, the grid is not symmetrical front-to-back when the measurements are more accurate. This puts the drill off by a couple steps when it's flipped. I can fix this by editing the grid (or loading a different one pre-set for performer viewpoint), but that seems to be a silly extra step. I must admit I've forgotten once or twice, too, and confused the heck out of people.

I've attached two images of one set to demonstrate what I mean. Note who is standing on the home hash in the director viewpoint example. Then look at the same people in the performer viewpoint; they're now two steps behind the hash. I know the pre-loaded NCAA grids are symmetrical, but the measurements between the hashes are too far off.

I switched to using coordinate sheets a few years ago, and stopped printing performer viewpoint charts for those who DO have the full charts on the field, but would like the option to do so without having to edit the grid every time I want to print performer viewpoint and then edit it back afterward.

OR, is there a symmetrical NCAA grid out there somewhere that prints correctly for both director and performer viewpoints and doesn't have messed-up coordinates as a result (that happened in the past when people made the grid "exact"). I know this issue has been around for years, so I'm surprised it hasn't been solved. Hopefully I just missed the memo about a fix somewhere!

Thanks!
-Casey

Edit: I suppose this could be moved to tech support, but I think it's more of an update thing.
Attachments
3D-Chart_Page_2.jpg
Example:
p. 2 Performer viewpoint
3D-Chart_Page_1.jpg
Example:
p. 1 Director viewpoint

cgoodwin

Re: NCAA Performer Viewpoint

Post by cgoodwin » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:02 pm

I just played around with the grid designer, since I haven't tried this in a few years. I made a grid with the correct measurements, but setting it back to an 8-to-5 grid throws everything off by 2/3 of a step, which is the same issue I used to have when I tried fixing the problem in the past. If I fix it so the resolution lines up on the grid, it will cause the same performer viewpoint problem, as it won't flip symmetrically.

It seems to me the easiest solution would be to make sure the grid flips along with the drill.

Thanks again.
-Casey
Attachments
ncaagrid.JPG