"Transition" vs "count" in Production Sheet

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cochenob
"Transition" vs "count" in Production Sheet

Post by cochenob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:40 pm

This always happens when I first start writing in the summer.....I'm reminded of all the things I meant to suggest updates for from the previous season.

It would be nice to have some way of defining pages in the Production Sheet in terms of "Transition Counts" from the previous set rather than "Absolute" counts. While I understand the logistical need for maintaining a record of absolute counts from the programs point of view....no one actually refers to sets as being counts 147-173 (or whatever it is). They refer to them by their transition counts.

In other words...it would be great to be able to define a bunch of phrases as "16, 8, 10, 20, 12, 16, 16...." instead of "16, 24, 34,54,66,82,98....". Despite several degrees in engineering...I always end up wasting time trying to figure out the "absolute counts" and inevitably always botch things from time to time. It's even worse when the music is in 7/4 or jumps around or something like that.

Thoughts?

---
Brandon

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: "Transition" vs "count" in Production Sheet

Post by Pyware » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Brandon

Thank you for your suggestions. I have placed them on our updates list.

If you have any other suggestions I would be happy to hear them and add them to our update list.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536