A few update suggestions

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

BandManG
A few update suggestions

Post by BandManG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 am

1. More control over the formatting of co-ordinate sheets. Right now all you can choose is page, half page, quarter page, etc. Being able to 'scale' theme (via a zoom/display percentage box for example) would allow maximum flexibility to get one performer or two performers per page (avoids the dreading print out/cut up scenario for us overworked band directors)

2. support for .mp3 files. I see that quite a few people have already mentioned this, so I will not beat the dead horse.

3. A way to record animation playback, with audio, in a format that is not overly huge. RIght now most of us use a third party screen capture software, such as Camstasia studio, BSR Screen Recorder 5, ZDR Screen Recorder, etc. THis all produce results that can be a bit variable, and most videos start with those 2-3 seconds where the viewer gets to see our mouse frantically starting the audio playback and then hitting the animation with spacebar button, and then we pound away on the spacebar praying that we dont miss the tempo change in the drum solo! Having a way to export the animation as a .avi or .mov file (with audio) would be HUGE. Even if you did it as a purchasable plug-in, I am sure hordes of us would purchase it to streamline the end of the process.

4. Fix the wonkiness of the tool handles. Even with the resolution of the handles set at "1" step, I can still draw a horizontal line at two step interval that isn't straight. There needs to be some sort of 'snap to grid' option (with choosable step size resolution) for the edit handles on drawing tools.

5. A true full screen option for the perspective window. I run a 23" widescreen monitor and the largest window I can get for the persepctive view is about 70% of the available area. It sort of negates monitor size.

That is it for now. Thanks.

George

Re: A few update suggestions

Post by George » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:08 am

Want to try to help a little if I can...
BandManG wrote: 4. Fix the wonkiness of the tool handles. Even with the resolution of the handles set at "1" step, I can still draw a horizontal line at two step interval that isn't straight. There needs to be some sort of 'snap to grid' option (with choosable step size resolution) for the edit handles on drawing tools.
Maybe you are talking about something new to add (to the drawing tools themselves), but this is already there for you to do, in a way. Select the performers you want to "fix" and go to Edit and find "Snap To..." and select it. It will give you those exact options you're asking about.

Even though the default has no assigned shortcut, if you feel this is something you would use quite often, I'd say just to assign an easy-to-reach shortcut command to that function to save some time during the writing process.

I hope that helps.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:56 pm

1. I have something similar to this on our update list currently. I will add this to that suggestion.

2. We do have this on the list currently.

3. In version 7 there is a way to create a movie and if you choose the mp4 format then it should save out a 2-3 minute song less than 10MB.

4. This function should have been corrected in the most current release of 4, 5, 6 and 7. What version are you running on currently?

5. In version 7, the perspective View will allow the size to be increased to 1920 x 1080. Anything higher than that has been restricted due to performance issues.

Thank you for all of the suggestions, keep them coming.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

BandManG

Post by BandManG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I am running 6.0.9 on a new windows 7 dell with more memory than a human brain. How much is an upgrade to version 7?

craigh

Post by craigh » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 pm

free Rob!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:18 am

Free fill out this form and you will get an email with the download information.
http://www.pyware.com/V7RequestForm.html