3D Viewer App

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

dvisnaw
3D Viewer App

Post by dvisnaw » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:02 am

I really like the app, overall!

After using the app this past week at camp on my iPad, I have two suggestions:

1) Under the production sheet overlay, allow the production notes to "change/update" when the NEXT SET button is pressed. Currently, the production notes stay frozen on the original set selected. This change would be a major help.

2) Add a 4th VIEW MODE that is like "contrast" mode, but maintains the colors associated with the performers in the drill. Another idea might be to let the user create their own VIEW MODE that meets their needs. Sliders on: yard line markers on/off the field, performer colors on/off, etc.

Not as important, but would be cool/useful...allow to playback the music associated/synced in the file.

Nice work, overall!

mark
Site Admin

Re: 3D Viewer App

Post by mark » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks for the feedback, dvisnaw!

1) This will be included in the next update for the app. Look for this coming soon to an app store near you!

2) I'll note this one on the suggestions list.

3) Already on the list, and we're exploring the best way to implement this.

We're glad to hear you're enjoying the app. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Mark Mullins
Marketing Director
http://www.pyware.com
http://www.facebook.com/pygraphics

ronaldpotter04

Post by ronaldpotter04 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:46 pm

new to the board, sorry if this is somewhere else. I am getting an error when I try to download my app file, says make sure I'm using the current version. I have V8, surely there is a way to still use it right? worked fine this Spring. Also, when I did use it this spring, the drill instructions from the text box didn't come over to mobile app, is there a way to do that or do I have to manually enter them again?

Thank you!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:32 am

It sounds like the download URL is not correct.

What is the URL you are using?
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

cdeiderich

Post by cdeiderich » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello, I am the technology coordinator for The Ohio State University Marching Band and we started using the 3D Viewer App for iPad last season for all of our 228 performers. In general, it worked well but there are a few changes that would make the app more useful to us next season:

1) Add the ability to import .3da files from other apps, as an alternative to entering a URL or scanning a barcode. When we're downloading 4-6 drill files on a given day, it's actually really inconvenient to have 228 people try to scan multiple QR codes before going outside for rehearsal. It would be a lot better if the .3da files could be opened in a cloud storage app (in our case Box) and then opened in the 3D viewer using iPad's "Open In" feature. This feature is supported in forScore, which we use for handling music parts, and it works really well. This would be a huge improvement for us.

2) Add the ability to string multiple .3da files together. Our show drill is written in separate files so we typically have 4-5 separate .3da files for one halftime show. When we're learning drill on the field, it's really cumbersome to have to switch between files (i.e. as rehearsal moves from part 1 to part 2) especially when the app resets your context (performer is deselected, view is reset to original perspective, etc) It would be great if you could make a show "playlist" where you can say File A, B, and C all belong to the same show and when I get to the end of File A, the app automatically switches to File B and maintains the selected performer and perspective.

3) Add the ability to set a default selected performer. Many band members maintain the same spot for the entire season, so it would be nice to not have to reselect it every time a file is opened (i.e. I am performer H1 so the app automatically looks for that performer and highlights it for any file that I open).

4) Add the ability to set a default orientation. It is usually most convenient for band members to view the field from their perspective (i.e. rotating the field 180 degrees) so it would be nice if a setting could be toggled to automatically load the screen like that. It's one of those little things that gets annoying when we're constantly switching between files and the app keeps switching the perspective back.

5) Change behavior of the "Next Set" button. Currently, if you press the "Next Count" button and then the "Next Set" button it skips the upcoming set and jumps to the one after that, which is kind of confusing. It would make more sense if pressing "Next Set" always took you to the next set regardless of whether or not you've stepped through a few counts.

6) This is a big one. Set the "Play All" button to be off by default. It is confusing to be looking at a part of the drill, hit play, and then have it restart from the beginning of the file when you're expecting it to just advance from the current spot. This is the number one source of confusion for our band members. And given that the button automatically turns itself back on every time you switch files, there is no good way to avoid this confusion.

Thanks for reading I hope it's possible to make some of these things happen!

Christian