New update planned for 3D Java Interactive

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin
New update planned for 3D Java Interactive

Post by PywareTechSupport » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:22 pm

We are planning a new update for the 3D Java. Are there features you would like to see in this new update?
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

CVQuesty

Glad youasked...

Post by CVQuesty » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:17 pm

On the performer sheet printouts, the counts are cumulative just as they are displayed in the count editor. It'd be really cool (if there isn't already a way) to be able to change that display from "count 375" to the total number of counts from the previous set to this set, and some ability to let that readout traverse sets.

For instance:
The way it is now:

Page 7 Count 48
Page 8 Count 52 <-- This page is a subset
Page 9 Count 56
Page 10 Count 64

Proposed:

Page 7 8 counts
Page 8 4 counts
Page 9 4 counts
Page 10 8 counts

or some such thing.
Jerald M. Sheets

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 pm

CV I'd like to see both on a printout, such as:

Page 1 8 counts 48 total counts

Or even a measure marking system, such as:

Page 1 Measure 4 counts 8

With the measure marking system, it would be easier to link things up with changes in music, etc.

What I'd also like to see is some kind of "economy pack" where you can buy 3D Java Interactive and the plugins for a reduced collective price. Maybe market it as a "professional edition" like how Microsoft Office is done, but keep the "Standard Edition" for those who don't need te extra bells/whistles.

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:45 pm

sorry, me again.

I don't know how you guys would do it, but I would love things like integration with iTunes (because it's easier to work from my iTunes library).

Another thing I miss is Virtual Clinic. Can it pretty pretty please come back with the next 3DJI?

Also, I'd like Growl support (because I think it's neat), but I don't know what I'd utilize it for, lol

I think that's all for now. I'll probably come up with more ideas :D

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:04 pm

One specific Mac-only feature:

AppleScript/Automator support. Given someone with the right knowledge of AppleScript, it would make 3DJ scream.

Tim Fairbanks

drawing tool

Post by Tim Fairbanks » Mon May 01, 2006 9:15 am

i never have much success with the 'prop' tool and using another program to create a bmp of the prop i'm using then having to resize it in pyware is cumbersome. Could we add a very simple drawing toolbar that would let us draw simple shapes and lines (similar to MSWord) that we could then choose to print or not print, show or not show? If anyone else reading this has a suggestion on how to do 'props' better before the update, that would be great!

Also, is there a way to hide performers on individual pages and NOT print them out? sometimes i'll chart a subset for one set (i.e. just the WW's) but the subset for the brass is not very pretty and would be a waste to chart. I would like to be able to not show the brass for that page only on the print out. any thoughts? tim

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Hiding Performers

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon May 01, 2006 10:15 am

You can hide performers for the entire drill by using the hide function under the display menu. This will allow you to print those selected subsets for just the one section.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

okorpheus

Post by okorpheus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:56 pm

ability to copy and paste props for cases where there are several of teh same size prop.

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Post by PywareTechSupport » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:08 pm

We are adding the number of counts of the transition to the performer coordinate printout.

The new layout looks like

Set# Move Count
1 0 0
2 8 8
3 10 18
4 8 26
5 4 30
6 16 46
7 18 64

This is currently available in the pre-release version 4.0.6 Beta #6. This may be access in the online file manager in the Pyware Updates commercial account.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support