More Please (Am I dreaming??)

We want to here your suggestions on what should be added to make the program better for you.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Whiplash
More Please (Am I dreaming??)

Post by Whiplash » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:21 pm

1. A feature that converts the animation into a .mpg or.avi file. I know I can purchase 3rd party apps to do this, but it should be a part of 3d!

2. A PDF option. Would be great to convert an entire file's drill pages into .pdf files in a single step! Currently the only way to this is by screen capturing each drill as a .jpg and then convert that to .pdf for each sheet. Grrr....

3. A more efficient filing system. Currently when a file is saved as .3dz file, it creates a folder with a .3dj file inside and a file outside the folder. Why?? Just one single file would be better!

4. A simple Minimize/Maximize feature on each drill file, so that multiple drills can be open--and referenced to--on the screen at the same time. Having to open and close out of a drill each time I want to check something from another file is a pain :(

5. A Metric to "Steps" converter to more easily be able to translate the positioning of Props onto the field. Better still, a feature that would let you input metric measurements and generate the exact Prop outline to be used on the grid.

6. More animation options. How about a Green football field option so that we can see what things will look like with specific uniforms? Which also means...how about custom color options for the Performers that will let you imput the various Uniform colors. Maybe a "Uniform Design Feature" that will let you re-create the groups uniform as well as the the actual Instruments? This would make for awesome animations....

7. A better Resize tool where you can highlight a form and simply type in the desired interval (s) instead of a percentage.

And would it be too much to ask that this be done by this weekend?

Kidding :)

Love the software and look forward to many happy updates.

Thanks Pyware Team!

:)
"That only took 10 Hours longer than it should have"

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Re: More Please

Post by PywareTechSupport » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:49 pm

Thank you for all of your suggestions.

1) We are looking at doing this in a future update, it is a liitle more involoved with capturing the animation into a video file. If or when it becomes available it would have high system requirments in order to efficiently capture the audio and video.

2) We are looking at this option as well for a future update.

3) The 3dz file contains everything in one file. The .pkg folder that you see appears after you open a 3dz file to edit, once the program is closed it is deleted until the next time a 3dz file is opened. I will have or programmers to move the location that the pkg folder is created.

4) I have added this suggestion to our update list. If you are running on a windows computer you will be able to run two instances of the program and you can referrence that way in the current version. This is not available on Mac due to OS restictions.

5) I have added this suggestion to our update list.

6) I have added this suggestion to our update list.

7) I have added this suggestion to our update list.

Thank you for all of your excellent suggestions if anyone has any other suggestions please dont hesitate to post them.

Our main goal is to help make the program better for our users.

Thank You
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:55 pm

Dustin,

Thank you for being so prompt. How long does it take for something to go from "suggestion list" to "Update"? Also, when you say "Update," are you talking about an update to the current version 3, or something we will have to pay for?

:D

CVQuesty

PDF

Post by CVQuesty » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:55 pm

I don't know about winders machines, but I know that you can print directly to PDF on a MAC. I seem to also remember having a PDF print driver on an old windows work machine too.

Perhaps that's an easy route to go for now until PyWare decides to put it in?
Jerald M. Sheets

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Version 3.0.1 Update

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:23 am

Since version 3.0.0 was just recently released I currently do not have an ETA on the next update that will contain new features. I know that we will be releasing version 3.0.1 either Today (Monday, 29) or Tomorrow (Tuesday, 30) that will correct some minor problems that have been reported with the version 3. This update will be free and it will be available from our updates sections on our website.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

pedal_tones

Re: More Please (Am I dreaming??)

Post by pedal_tones » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:48 am

Whiplash wrote: 2. A PDF option. Would be great to convert an entire file's drill pages into .pdf files in a single step! Currently the only way to this is by screen capturing each drill as a .jpg and then convert that to .pdf for each sheet. Grrr....
http://www.pdf995.com/

If you'll install the free pdf995 program onto your computer, you can then create pdf files easily. Just click print and select pdf995 as your printer and it will save your file as a pdf.

I do this with my drills and email them to my school email, that way I can print them at school and not have to use my printer ink at home.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:49 am

Wow, thanks so much Pedaltones! I just installed that along with their "converter" and it works amazing.....free...wow.

Thanks Pyware Team for providing these forums!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:15 pm

Dustin,

Any chance that update is coming out today? This pace tool/music sync problem is driving me crazy!

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Version 3.0.1 update

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm

The version 3.0.1 update will be online by the end of the day today. You will be able to download the update from our updates site at www.pyware.com.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

conrad

Post by conrad » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:07 pm

Whiplash wrote:Wow, thanks so much Pedaltones! I just installed that along with their "converter" and it works amazing.....free...wow.

I suggest you to try PDFCreator, free and open source! It install a printer like pdf995, but don't launch any web page during printing. Check out this! Bye!
Conrad

conrad

Re: More Please (Am I dreaming??)

Post by conrad » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:47 pm

Whiplash wrote:1. A feature that converts the animation into a .mpg or.avi file. I know I can purchase 3rd party apps to do this, but it should be a part of 3d!
Fopr this feature, instead, you can generate flash animation or exe autoplaying the animation using this program: Wink

It is totally free, yes, and you can capture your drill animation in a very simple manner. check out this and enjoy!
conrad :wink: