Performance Simulator Questions

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

john4178
Performance Simulator Questions

Post by john4178 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:36 am

Hello!

Two questions:

1) Everything that I have read says that the 3D Java Performance Simulator is included with the 3D Java Version 4 Update. The simulator seems to be built into iPas from my installation CD, but I am unable to access it without paying $19.95. There is an option to reinstall if I have already purchased the Enhanced 3D Java Performer's Practice Tools, but I have no Reinstallation code that I am aware of.

2) What should my students download? The only thing I can find access to is the Interactive Viewer and I can't find anything about getting the Performance Simulator for the students to download.

Thank you for your help!

John Lack
Mead High School Bands

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Post by PywareTechSupport » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:50 am

1) The Simulator becomes available after you have linked it to your installation of the 3D Java program. This can be done by opening the 3D Java program and choosing 3D Java Performer's Practice Tools from the Performer's Tools Menu. If you choose to install the Performer's Practice Tools on a seperate computer that is a seperate liscense of $19.95 to unlock those features.

2) The Perforfer's Practice Tools link should be available starting next week. It will allow the students to download the software and install it. If they choose to use the Simulator they will be prompted to purchased the enhanced version.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support

john4178

Post by john4178 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:18 am

I opened 3D Java and selected 3D Java Performer's Practice Tools from the Performer's Tools Menu. It first opened 'Terminal' on my Mac (Powerbook G4 - OS 10.4.7) which is the program for accessing the computer code (I think). The first time I did this, it took me through all of the steps to connect to iPas...locating the file, etc. It then said that the programs had been successfully bridged.

I then accessed the 3d Jave Performer's Practice tools. It then opened iPas - but nothing out of the ordinary happened. I went through steps to load our account and was able to access online drills. But the was no access to the Simulator. The only thing available under the Practice Tools was Drill Explorer, the printouts and Set-Up and Troubleshoot - which still included the option to 'Enhance My 3D Productivity Tools'.

I ran through all of the exact same steps on my iMac G4 (0S 10.4.7) and came to the same result.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Post by PywareTechSupport » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:40 am

To access the simulator in the Performer's Practice tools the file must be saved as a production. Once you have a producion available online you will then have the simulator option. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support