creating a gate drill

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Zyanthmootar
creating a gate drill

Post by Zyanthmootar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm a new member of the Pyware family. I have zero experience writing drill beyond what I did in college 20+ years ago. I am trying to create a quick gate drill for my kids to see on the screen. My kids have nearly no experience marching and they do not get what a gate turn is supposed to look like. In the program, I manage to get a block of roughly 80 kids to march across the field. It can do the first gate turn (while stomping on the pivot point dots). When I try FTL to go upstage 24 steps, things start to go wonky. When I add in a second gate turn, it all goes downhill very quickly. For sake of time, is anyone able to shoot me a file of a band just marching across the field doing gate turns at each end? I've spent the better part of 10 days trying to figure this out. I've done the tutorials, researched, A LOT, looked for sample files to download. I've had no luck and I really wanted to show the kids tomorrow (Monday) on the screen what it is supposed to look like. My email is sabbott@hhschuskies.org if you would like to help me out. I will be utilizing the next 4 months to figure out how to actually write drill for the first marching show my school will do in 30+ years. Many thanks in advance. By the way, I use a MacBook Air at school and a PC at home.

Scott Abbott