v.5 Differences: Trying to clear something up.

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

lakinweaver
v.5 Differences: Trying to clear something up.

Post by lakinweaver » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:52 am

This may be covered elsewhere, but looking around the main site I get the impression that the "Production Sheet" feature of v.5, along with a ton of the other interface enhancements, is not included with the Basic edition of Pyware. Is this true, or am I misunderstanding something? I'm running basic 4, and after trying out the demo for 5, I am very excited to upgrade (live shape preview in perspective view? Absolutely a welcome edition). I was planning on the "instant upgrade" tonight, but now I'm putting it on hold until I can figure this out.

As per the website, the Basic edition includes "all of the advanced 3D features for designing and printing drill." I would think this includes the new production window (as well as the other enhancements to the program), but on another section of the site this feature is listed as included only in the Interactive and Professional versions. If this is true, the absence of the Interactive and Professional Only features would leave little incentive for me to upgrade other than Snow Leopard compatibility.

I'm almost positive that I'm just confused and this isn't how it really works. If it is how it works, I'll be quite disappointed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: v.5 Differences: Trying to clear something up.

Post by Pyware » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 pm

As described on the Version 5 new features pagehttp://www.pyware.com/newproducts.html there are some features that are only available in the Interactive and Professional editions of the software. The features include the Production Sheet, the Revamped Text Tool, the Performer ID Panel, Touch Screen Compatibility, Resizable Perspective View with Customizable preset Camera Angles, and save as Version 4 functionality.

Version 5 Features available in all editions include, a New Block Drawing Tool, Perspective View updated in real time, Set Reference Tool, adjustible edit handle sizing, Redesigned interface, and new file format.

I believe the live shape preview you are referring to is know as the Figurines. This feature is available in version 4.2.12 for all editions. You can enable this function in the Application options menu under the display tab.

Dustin Merrell
Pyware Customer Support

lakinweaver

Re: v.5 Differences: Trying to clear something up.

Post by lakinweaver » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Thank you for your reply. I figured that was the case, since it's all rather clearly stated. The confusion came from your "brochure" page, http://www.pyware.com/3DPPT/3dBrochure.html , which is linked below the pricing information on the main 3d v.5 page. The brochure page does not accurately reflect the changes you have made regarding features for the three versions.

Thanks again for the reply. Excellent product, couldn't work without it.