"Flashing" on holds after pace tool

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
"Flashing" on holds after pace tool

Post by Tsar Nikk » Sun May 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Is there any way to disable this option? I hate it...especially when I am trying to capture the video for samples on a website, and all of a sudden all the band members are flashing in yellow! :P
++
np

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Mon May 21, 2007 12:37 pm

The flashing of the performers is a representation of marking time during a maneuver when using the pace tool. To remove this you would need to select the group that is flashing and go to the pace too and choose hold (No Pace Information). This will remove the flashing.

Tsar Nikk

Post by Tsar Nikk » Tue May 22, 2007 4:05 pm

pygraph wrote:The flashing of the performers is a representation of marking time during a maneuver when using the pace tool. To remove this you would need to select the group that is flashing and go to the pace too and choose hold (No Pace Information). This will remove the flashing.
I tried doing that, but it did not help. The only way I can get it to stop is to also remove the pace information on the page before the hold...but then of course, that kinda kills the effect intended.
++
np

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 am

I will have this looked at to see if there is something that can be done to remedy this.

I have found a temporary workaround if you wish to employ it. You can remove the pace information on the count before the hold.

Ex. I move double time from counts 20 to 28 and I have a hold from 28 to 32. Put your anchors on count 27 and 28 and select the flashing positions and then choose the pace tool and then choose no pace information.

Once you have done this then you will have the Double time transition on counts 20 to 27 and you will only be missing one animated double time step between count 27 & 28.