Opening a file on a Mac?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
Opening a file on a Mac?

Post by Tsar Nikk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:56 am

I just bought a MacBook, and I've been trying to make it so that I can simply double-click on a file and it will open that file up. Currently, when i try to do that, it tells me that the file is not associated with anything, and would I like to find it...I navigate over to the Pyware application folder, but the program itself is greyed out, and I cannot select it. Has anyone found a way to do this on the Mac?

P.S. This MacBook is pretty dang sweet.
++
np

Solstice

Re: Opening a file on a Mac?

Post by Solstice » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Nikk,

First when you 'Control (ctrl) + Click' on the file you should get the option to choose "Open with..." and then choose "Other..." and when you choose it you get a dialog box that at the top says "Enable... Recommended Applications" you want to change the choice to be "All Applications". Once you click on Pyware 3D, which will no longer be grayed out, also remember to choose the click box in the lower left hand corner to "Always open with" and you should now be good to go!

David
Tsar Nikk wrote:I just bought a MacBook, and I've been trying to make it so that I can simply double-click on a file and it will open that file up. Currently, when i try to do that, it tells me that the file is not associated with anything, and would I like to find it...I navigate over to the Pyware application folder, but the program itself is greyed out, and I cannot select it. Has anyone found a way to do this on the Mac?

P.S. This MacBook is pretty dang sweet.
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard

Tsar Nikk

Re: Opening a file on a Mac?

Post by Tsar Nikk » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am

Solstice wrote:Nikk,

First when you 'Control (ctrl) + Click' on the file you should get the option to choose "Open with..." and then choose "Other..." and when you choose it you get a dialog box that at the top says "Enable... Recommended Applications" you want to change the choice to be "All Applications". Once you click on Pyware 3D, which will no longer be grayed out, also remember to choose the click box in the lower left hand corner to "Always open with" and you should now be good to go!

David
It sort of works....now, when I double click a file in my Documents folder, it opens up Pyware, but it opens up a blank file, not the file i just double clicked. Could it have to do with the fact that I use package files? I can always Open File and do it the long way, but it would be nice if I could double click and get the package file to open.

Also...what do I have to do to delete stuff with the Mac? Ctrl-Delete and Command-Delete is not working.
++
np