The Pacing Tool and Double Time...

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Tsar Nikk
The Pacing Tool and Double Time...

Post by Tsar Nikk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Maybe it's just me, but...it seems to me that when I am using the double time option (Pacing Tool), the double time doesn't actually start on the beat desired, but the 1/2 beat before it.

Anyone else have this issue?
++
np

George

Post by George » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:29 pm

i've noticed that too... I always thought it was just going faster and was a mistake of sorts, but then realized what you just mentioned.

last year when I was using ver 3.0, something was weird with my system and I couldn't even use the pace tool. So I just got used to doing it manually and setting the page tabs accordingly and sync'd it up that way.

A solution i found in doing this is to select the people you wanna move DT and move the left (yellow) anchor over 1 count to the right and then select the double time. This way it'll animate the way you want it to. (sorta) It still starts 1/2 count early when changing to the next set if stays in double time... that's why I don't use it that often. :cry:

I don't know if that's a huge inconvenience to do that, but that was a solution I found. It's only about 95% effective though, because count 1 will look bigger than the rest. *shrug*

(and just so you know, I'm one of those guys that's really picky about the animation... so I'm constantly messing with this stuff). :)
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com