I can take them or leave them
No votes
I like the triangles
No votes

Total votes: 5

desharkey
Figurines are cool!

Post by desharkey » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:44 am

Okay, maybe I'm a total "band geek," but I think the figurines are totally cool. They look like little Lego people on the field. It really adds a cool touch to the program. Those little triangles always annoyed me - this is much better!

Thanks Pyware! :D :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :) :o

George

Post by George » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:26 am

I definitely think they are a really cool addition. technology is so cool.

just imagine if they could make them actually march, left right left right - and it was more fluid. That would just be sick, wouldn't it?! :lol:

Anyway, I do really like this, and so does one of my clients who has actually seen a video I encoded of the animation. Very cool!!
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

desharkey

Thanks

Post by desharkey » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:30 pm

How do you make a video for clients? :?:

bevans

Post by bevans » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:09 pm

My students have seen them and thought they looked like southpark for band
Barry E. Evans
Director of Bands
Topeka West High School

Mac OS 10.4.10
3D Version 4.2.2

George

Re: Thanks

Post by George » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:59 am

desharkey wrote:How do you make a video for clients? :?:
I think I might have mentioned this in another thread, but I use a PC and downloaded windows media encoder. I just do a screen capture of the perspective window when played back with audio, and later add the original mp3 audio to the video and combine it in windows movie maker.

It takes a computer with at least 1GB ram to work well, I think, but it works fine for me.

I don't personally know of any other ways to do this... I think Nikk mentioned something else in a different thread.
Last edited by George on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Shaq

Post by Shaq » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:46 am

http://www.georgehester.com/demomulti.html

It's basically not worth the time and effort for the clients to do something exactly like this... I just did it for my own personal enjoyment/curiosity, etc. I usually just do a high perspective... but with the figurines option used, this just happens to look cooler.[/quote]

George -

Great Video!!! Very Cool!!!! Video Companies better watch out!!! Or there will not be any need for them. :lol:

George

Post by George » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:11 pm

Shaq wrote:
    George -

Great Video!!! Very Cool!!!! Video Companies better watch out!!! Or there will not be any need for them. :lol:
      haha!! Thanks! :)

I know... I tried to simulate a video as it might turn out if done in real life. it was just an experiment and it came out surprisingly well. I don't have a studio set up like Tom Blair does, but if I did I think that would be my day job. I love stuff like this.

okay... i need to get back to work...
      George
      Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Tim Fairbanks

Post by Tim Fairbanks » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:51 pm

Great video George! I've been toying with the 'figurines' as well and love what it does for the design elements! How did you get your field to be green? also, it looks like you do the same thing I do to circumvent the 'prop' tool and use performers to be props, but now it looks like walls of people back there.. any ideas on how to get those to look like real walls? I've tried making all of their outfits black, but then they still have little tan faces.. agh! let me know, thanks! tim

George

Post by George » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:27 am

Tim Fairbanks wrote:Great video George! I've been toying with the 'figurines' as well and love what it does for the design elements! How did you get your field to be green? also, it looks like you do the same thing I do to circumvent the 'prop' tool and use performers to be props, but now it looks like walls of people back there.. any ideas on how to get those to look like real walls? I've tried making all of their outfits black, but then they still have little tan faces.. agh! let me know, thanks! tim
      Hey Tim,

Thanks... that was just one night when I couldn't sleep and decided to mess around a bit. The director loved it!

As for the "props" in that vid... yeah, I forgot that I did that before I actually figured out how to USE the prop tool. :) I had just never used it before, and up until this year always used extra dots. Basically anytime I have had a show with props they are never square to the sidelines, but pyware doesn't allow us to set them at angles... ...yet????? :cry:

If you wanted to use just "walls" just use the prop tool and set the prop image as just something kind of plain or whatever. After I figured out how to do it it looked like this:

I just made a simple square image with photoshop... but I'm sure you could use about anything.

As for the green field and all that stuff... all that is is just going to the grid designer under the utilities menu and messing with the color options. I make the background a green color, set the yardlines ("division lines") to white, as well as the hashes, etc. It's worth playing with if you have some free time. It makes it a lot easier to see the figurines in the perspective mode, especially if their uniforms are WHITE, like in that video you saw. :) (and you would need to change the color of the "perspective" to green also).

I hope this helps. :)
      George
      Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com