customized grid... light vs. dark??

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

George
customized grid... light vs. dark??

Post by George » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:58 am

Hey - so as I'm wrapping up the season and working until the wee hours of the morning (hence the time I'm posting this) I just came across something that might be a permanent change for me and I wanted to share it with others to see if anyone has any opinions on it or already does this.

Lately I have been just struggling to keep my eyes open at times while I'm working... and most of it is due to the fact that the screen is so bright as I look at it. The default colors set for the grid is pretty much what I have always used and looks like this:

But now... I finally took the time to take full advantage to utilizing the color options in the grid designer.

Someone brought it up in a different thread on how I got the field to be green. I only did that for the sake of making the perspective video work with the figurines, which were set to white colored uniforms. But I never thought about using it for working.

Then about 3 hours ago I just took a few minutes and wondered what the exact negative would be like... instead of white background and black lines, I went black background and white and grey lines. (and changing secondary count to white).

The result:

All I have to say is that I'm TOTALLY loving this. For some reason it's easier on my eyes, and even looks better in general, in my opinion. I even feel like I can see everything a little better. After a couple hours of actual work with this, it's definitely not as much of a strain on the eyes. I guess it's wasn't always so much as I was tired as it was just my screen being freakishly bright. (and turning the brightness down would work, but that just makes it a hassle going to other apps).

So, I just wanted to see if anyone else out there already did or does something like this and what your thoughts are about it in the long term if you've used a darker grid to work with. Or maybe you're like me and didn't realize until just now that this might work? :) Or you don't care... I don't know. I thought it would be something interesting to bring up.

I personally really dig this scheme and plan to stick with it. After tonight it seems it'll be fine.
Last edited by George on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Shaq

Post by Shaq » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 am

I like that idea. Witht the ease of saving that grid. It will make the eyes a lot less buggy :shock: . Never thought of that before but makes sense. Especially like you said about the perspective colors. I also do that for videos and have that template saved. I know when I used to "Hand Write". The color of the paper I used was made with that very same idea. Less strain on the eyes. Think I will give it a try beings I still have a lot of writing left. Ugh!