Moving props

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cavalier81
Moving props

Post by cavalier81 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 pm

I know there has to be a way to move props around the field from set to set. I clicked on the box enabling performers to move the props. but can't move them... anyone?

I'm using the new beta release #2

George

Post by George » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:02 am

I've never done this in a show before, but what you have to do is first put a position (extra person) on the drill and draw the prop, attach a corner of that prop to that position and then click "Carried by a performer..." (I think that position has to be "carrying" the prop from the top-left or bottom-right corner only.)

Once you draw the prop (or move it) connecting it to the position, select that box. You'll see some circles around that dot and from now on, where that dot moves, the prop moves.

It'll take some playing around with to get the props placed exactly, I'm sure - because you can't actually SEE where the prop ends up until after you move the dot, but I hope this helps get you on the right track. It took me a while to figure it out too, but the key is having to set an actual extra position on the file from the start.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

cavalier81

Post by cavalier81 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 am

Thanks George!!
Looks like i'll try to see if Justin will put this on the list for updates.

Happy writing!!
Impact Drill Designs

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 am

no prob!

I might have asked about it on here before, but all I want with props is the ability to draw a box or rectangle diagonally! :) I think I've written 10 shows to date that used props and all of them were thin flats and were on an angle.

Rather than using the prop tool I had to make a line or extra dots. It got the job done though but can get cluttery and confusing if you have dots of marchers really close to those "props" and have to select them. Sometimes I'd accidentally select a couple dots in the "prop". Oh well... I work through it. :)
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com