Problems with editing sets

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

muzikfriek
Problems with editing sets

Post by muzikfriek » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Whenever I go in to edit drill I have already written, I have no problem editing the sets, but the transitions get messed up. For example, if I have sets 1, 2 and 3, I can usually adjust set 2 and have sets 1-2 move smoothly, but when I review the drill, the animation skips from the new set 2 to count one of the next set of the old set 2. (The transition between set 2 and 3 are as if it were the old set 2 and does not make the adjustments for the new set.) How do I fix this without having to go in one by one and deleting and rewriting every set?

George

Re: Problems with editing sets

Post by George » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:58 am

This might sound weird but here's how I fix this.

Go to the page(s) you rewrote and select the performers you edited. Click/select the Morph Tool and simply hit "Accept" without selecting/deselecting the boxes or adjusting anything. This will fix the animation between the pages. You will have to do that for any spots that were edited, including going from the last edited page to the next unedited page, if that is necessary.

I believe there are other methods and new tools that have recently been implemented into the program, but that's just the way I do it since I haven't had a chance to learn any other way just yet. This way may seem a bit odd but it works.

The only time this doesn't work is if you have any tracking or follow-the-leader moves that were edited and need the animation to be fixed. In those instances, you would likely have to rewrite the move for those performers rather than just editing the dots/forms individually. I don't know if that makes sense, but if you have a FTL or track in the show and you edit those performers, do not use the Morph Tool technique I just mentioned. I think it would need to be rewritten... or possibly not touched at all since it may work just fine after the edit - but I could me wrong. I've never done that before.

Hope this helps.

George

muzikfriek

Post by muzikfriek » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Oh my goodness, you're amazing. It works! Thank you so much. That was causing me a lot of frustration. :D That's WAY faster than rewriting the whole show so kids can see it in motion. lol

George

Post by George » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:21 pm

awesome! No problem. :)