Policies for re-writes

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

JHughesSUTA
Policies for re-writes

Post by JHughesSUTA » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm

I was curious what other peoples policies are for rewrites (meaning when the band director calls you when you are already writing mvt 3 and says a trumpet player and a flute player dropped).

I've heard different things... some will charge more to do any re-writes after it's written. Some will not do it and just change the numbers for what they haven't completed. What works best for you??

It really is a pain in the tookus to do re-writes... especially for anything non-curvilinear... sometimes the same idea is just not possible with a different number.

So what are your policies? How do you edit the drill etc, I'd love to hear all your thoughts.

BrynnPark Prod.

Re: Policies for re-writes

Post by BrynnPark Prod. » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't charge for rewrites. As a teacher, I know that things happen that are completely beyond the band director's control, and I don't penalize for that.

I also ask the director if what the policy for alternates is. Will they have alternates as shadows? Will they want an alternate line written that can be eventually phased out? Or are there no alternates and we'll just hope the best? All of these are important things to ask.

Yes, rewrites are a pain. But the impact can be minimized by preparation.