Taking files from home to school

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

kevphill
Taking files from home to school

Post by kevphill » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:03 am

Good morning, I wrote the show on a mac and have a windows machine at school with Pyware installed. What are the steps for taking my files to school and showing my youngins what to do? Thumb drive?

Thanks in advance.
kp

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Taking files from home to school

Post by Pyware » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 am

Move the drill to a thumbdrive.
Email is an Option as well.
If you have the Interactive you can upload the file to the account and access it from there.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:22 pm

The best and easiest way is to get a Dropbox account and install the Dropbox software. The software exists for Mac and Windows. What it will do is automatically sync up all of your files in the Dropbox folder.

So to use it, send your Pyware files to the Dropbox folder. That's it! The next time your other computer is on the internet, it gets the file.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

cgoodwin

Post by cgoodwin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 am

In case anyone is looking for ideas for next year, I started using SugarSync this year. I've been using Dropbox for years (and still do) but wasn't crazy about having to move the files I wanted to sync from their home to the Dropbox folder (I use the free storage, so it's not nearly large enough to store all of my documents). SugarSync works much the same way as Dropbox, except you can leave your files and folders where they are and select which ones you want to sync. I selected several folders (including my Pyware folder, Sibelius scores folder, etc.) on my home computer, directed the program to sync those to the equivalent folders on my work computer, and everything stays up-to-date in both places. I've been really happy with it.
Check it out. They have free options, just like Dropbox. They also have a Dropbox-like folder if you want to just sync certain files without mapping them between machines, a web interface, the ability to make public links for any of the files, mobile apps, etc.
https://www.sugarsync.com/

Also like Dropbox, they allow you to get extra space with referrals. So, if you want to sign up, you can use my referral link and I'll get more space. :mrgreen: Or you can just use the regular one.