New to Pyware...Some Questions.

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

jster90
New to Pyware...Some Questions.

Post by jster90 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi everyone!

I am relatively new to pyware, and I have a couple questions.

1) I am writing drill for a tune that has different tempos during it, mainly accelerandos. I searched the forum and did not come up with an answer. Is there a way to reflect the increasing tempo in the drill, and also have it animate correctly?

2) In another tune, there is a section which alternates between 7/8 and 3/4. Again, is there a way to reflect this in the drill/animation.

3) How do I access the percussion dots instead of just using a regular "X"? ( snares that are small black dots, tenors that actually look like tenors)

4) is there a way to place two "X's" on the field to represent the spot where the football is kicked from for a return?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 3.58.28 PM.png

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: New to Pyware...Some Questions.

Post by Pyware » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm

1. When you add audio to the drill you are able to adjust the tempo at which the drill is synced with the space bar.

2. Currently the options we have in regards to pace would be double time, half time, or standard time. There is not an option for 7/8 or 3/4 time.

3. The percussion symbols are available through the 3D Deluxe Font available from Creative Consultation Service at http://www.bandfo.com. There is a separate font that is installed with the software the Pyware Dot Font. These options can be selected in the Document Options under Preferences in the Choose Symbol option.

4. Version 7 has the ability to add a Surface to the Real View that can show these X's. Below is a sample of a high school surface.
High School Football Surface.jpg
High School Surface
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

ranbox56

Post by ranbox56 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:05 pm

If you are marching the 7/8 as 2+2+3 eighth notes, when you are syncing the music to the drill, you tap the space bar at the point in the playback where you want a step to occur.

jster90

Post by jster90 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Thank You everyone!

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm

ranbox56 wrote:If you are marching the 7/8 as 2+2+3 eighth notes, when you are syncing the music to the drill, you tap the space bar at the point in the playback where you want a step to occur.
I never knew you could do this. Thank you for that information! I'm sure it will come in handy.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!