Wacom Cintiq and Pyware

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

George
Wacom Cintiq and Pyware

Post by George » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to run Pyware on the Wacom Cintiq LCD tablet? Specifically this one, which is the one I'm eyeing - Cintiq 24HD

Says it'll work with the latest operating systems, which is a huge plus. But has anyone on here ever used one of these and written drill with Pyware on it? There are some specs on the website but I can't seem to find enough info on the graphics, wondering if v7 with "Real View" will run and be fully functional on this machine.

Any thoughts/ideas/info?
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Wacom Cintiq and Pyware

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 am

George

It looks like a screen with an integrated touch screen.

We have a Waucom tablet here that we test with and it works great.

As for if the Real View will work with it, I would assume so since it is just a monitor you would plug in to your existing computer.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

George

Re: Wacom Cintiq and Pyware

Post by George » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm

pygraph wrote:George

It looks like a screen with an integrated touch screen.

We have a Waucom tablet here that we test with and it works great.

As for if the Real View will work with it, I would assume so since it is just a monitor you would plug in to your existing computer.
Oh, so it just attaches to your computer... I see. I just now read that. I kind of overlooked that part about VGA/DVI connectors, assuming that would be for an external monitor for the Cintiq device to display rather than a computer TO the Cintiq to run it. I get it now.

I have taken several opportunities to use a Wacom tablet with drill and it just doesn't fit for me and my writing style. A few years ago I tried a small Bamboo Touch with Pyware and though it was a useful device for Illustrator and Photoshop I did not like it at all and returned it. Now at my school we actually have access to Wacom Intuos4 XL tablets, which are incredible! Again, tried it but do not like it. Yes it works, but I would prefer mouse in that case.

My dream has always been to be able to design on Pyware (as well as the other graphic design apps) in a digital drafting table style, using a pen rather than a mouse. I would tell people about how I would like to design my own (exact description of what this Cintiq is) and I had no idea this device existed until recently. I'm sorta blown away by it.

A little expensive? You betcha! But I really hope to meet someone who owns this device and see if they'll allow me to plug it into my computer to test Pyware out on it.
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com