Drill Design Software Exhibition Thread

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

greatcow95
Drill Design Software Exhibition Thread

Post by greatcow95 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm

If it's done, post it! Also tell us where the video is. You will likely have to encase it as a zip or stuffit archive or upload it to a public file somewhere (Dropbox for example). Yes, you may pull out the audio and watermark the drill file, but do not restrict the count on the final item.

If it isn't done, you've still got some time. The due date is around October 31, 2012 (mine will be a hair late also so don't feel bad). Do one for fun and post it here.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out the link in my signature below. It will explain all of the rules.
Last edited by greatcow95 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

greatcow95

Re: Drill Design Software Exhibition Thread

Post by greatcow95 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

I think I'm the only one that did it, lol. In any event, I had some fun doing this one in a Parkersburg, WV military style. I used two songs for this. The first is First Suite in Eb for Military Band Movement 3 (March). This was originally planned to be the second song until I went on Score Exchange.

I then found a FREE score called "The Red Panda March" on that site that really grew on me, so I decided to make that the second song. So after all was said and done, this is a show with two marches.

Like I said before, I had fun making it. What I didn't like was trying to get a video of it. AAAAARGH!!!! It was a computer issue and not a Pyware issue (due to hiccups and the like killing any semblance of order to a video). Then I remembered I had a Dropbox, so I decided to post the entire drill to my Dropbox. So because my computer turned into crap, you get the every single bit of the drill file (at about 54 MB).

Nice comments are appreciated. Constructive comments (i.e. "Next time, try this...It works great.") are appreciated. Anything nasty (i.e. "This sucks") isn't appreciated. If anyone can get this on a video without hiccups like mine did, I'd love to have it!

KNOWN WEIRD ISSUES:

1. Stationary pivot pinwheels don't have the stationary pivot moving. It's a quirk I'm willing to live with and just pretend they are rotating with the rest of the pinwheel.

At this time, I know of nothing else that can be super weird to the point that it ruins immersion. There is the To the Rear issue where a highly awkward turn is made (they always turn in a way that would result in a massive tripping hazard in real life), but it since it goes fast enough, it doesn't ruin immersion. Happy viewing! You are free to use any of this if you desire.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21721110/3d%20 ... n%201.prod (please redownload if you have already downloaded it before. I just discovered a catastrophic error that needed fixed--my fault)
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!