Gameboard use with Pyware

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

cavalier81
Gameboard use with Pyware

Post by cavalier81 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Now that the writing season is over, I'm looking into upgrading my hardware. I've already got a new 27inch imac. now I'm looking into streamlining the writing process. Does anyone have opinions on using gameboards like the Logitech G13?

Thanks,
Reed
Impact Drill Designs

greatcow95

Re: Gameboard use with Pyware

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I know there are a few people that have used a Razer gaming mouse with Pyware with great success. It's a matter of mapping the extra buttons to commands in Pyware. Not sure about the Logitech one.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

George

Post by George » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 am

cavalier81 wrote:Now that the writing season is over, I'm looking into upgrading my hardware. I've already got a new 27inch imac. now I'm looking into streamlining the writing process. Does anyone have opinions on using gameboards like the Logitech G13?

Thanks,
Reed
Hello again, Reed.

Of course, I am definitely happy with my G13. Although there may be newer tech available these days (not sure) I still love using mine. There are some weird compatibility issues that require work-arounds on a Mac, but it's not bad enough to get me to drop the use of it all-together. It will not be fully functional as it is meant to be for gaming, but it's a plethora of hotkeys at my fingertips that literally triples my writing speed and efficiency. It saves a ton of cross-screen mouse pointer movement (just to get to the tool bar panel and back) and saves fatigue in the later hours.

This didn't come without a learning curve, of course. I purchased my G13 in October of 2009 and spent about a month really digging to find the best combo of keys/shortcuts for me. After that, I spent the next 6 months going back and forth, sometimes getting frustrated with it but then giving it another try. Tweaked a few keys to be placed better for me. Eventually it became somewhat normal.

Now, in 2012, I have become so comfortable with it that I rely on it whenever I'm slammed with drill. I feel fine writing without it, but now that I've had 3 full writing seasons on it, I can say that there are many pros to using it and absolutely NO cons. It'll just take some customizing and getting used to.

You probably already read my whole speil on these, which I'm sure is what prompted your email to me earlier this year, but in case anyone else wants to read my thoughts, here's the link to the post: Game Controllers with Pyware
George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com

George

Post by George » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 am

I just realized that the original post is out of date and I had tweaked my hotkeys, as well as got a new mouse since.

These are my current devices and hotkey map:

George
Pyware v10

georgehesterdesign.com