Minimum hardware

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

mattwolfmatt
Minimum hardware

Post by mattwolfmatt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm about to purchase Version 7 Basic, but before I do I am concerned about the minimum system requirements. I have a late 2012 13" MacBook Air.

Minimum requirements:
1.6 Ghz Dual Core Processor or Greater (I have 1.8GHz Intel Core i5)
2GB of RAM or greater (I have 4GM RAM)
ATI Radeon 9500, NVIDIA GeForce 5 FX, Intel GMA 4500, or better (I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB)
supporting OpenGL 2.0 or better (latest driver recommended)
I'm running OSX 10.8.2

Really it's the graphics card that worries me. I thought I was computer savvy, but I guess since I'm not into gaming or photography or video editing, I never really cared about it. I don't know if my Intel HD Graphics 4000 card with 512MB is better than the minimum.

I would hope a 6 month old computer is capable of running this software, but I could be wrong. Any advice? Thank you.

PS I have a 21" external monitor - I get the feeling big monitors are required for this. Is 21" enough for me? I have a band of about 100 on the field. Thanks!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Minimum hardware

Post by Pyware » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 am

The Intel 4000 Graphics will run the Real View, however being that it is not a dedicated graphics card you will see performance issues as you add more performers.

I would suggest to turn off the Shadows option in the Application Options -> Display menu.

You will also be limited on the quality of image you can use for the Real View Surface in the Document Options -> Real View Perspective Menu.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536