Have you ever said "Screw it"?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

greatcow95
Have you ever said "Screw it"?

Post by greatcow95 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:04 am

Is there something within Pyware that is so time consuming for you that you just wind up saying "Screw it," do it using another tool and then write out how it's supposed to be done? I'm curious here.

For me, that time is making diagonals. I used to (before the Traditional toolset) had to either go into two-step intervals and mark who is moving for the diagonal to be made or...use a float to cheat and make it. There are times I used the float and wrote out "This isn't a float, but it's a diagonal made by sequential drop-off."
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Have you ever said "Screw it"?

Post by Pyware » Sun May 19, 2013 4:19 pm

If you are having issues creating a specific transition, we would be happy to assist you.

Please let me know and we can see what the best way of creating this would be.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:25 pm

There are just times when I feel like going to two-step intervals actually works better. I'll try to work up a file for you, but I'm just as happy doing it the hard way too.

I'm just wondering if anyone has said "screw it" because it's either too time consuming or some other weird reason. If I made it sound like a help post, I apologize.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Solstice

Post by Solstice » Tue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm

greatcow95 wrote:There are just times when I feel like going to two-step intervals actually works better. I'll try to work up a file for you, but I'm just as happy doing it the hard way too.

I'm just wondering if anyone has said "screw it" because it's either too time consuming or some other weird reason. If I made it sound like a help post, I apologize.
For me it comes down to how much time/effort am I willing to put into something (i.e. how important is it to the overall process)... I know that Pyware is capable of all sorts of cool effects (like having the colorguard actually perform fairly simply work) but how important is that as far as writing the show and teaching the band? I don't put a lot of time/effort into all of the special effects when I am writing unless I have a LOT of leisure time (usually after the fact of writing/teaching the show) to work on the animations within the software. We *DO* use the RealView quite a lot as a teaching tool, but I normally don't bother with adding a lot of effects unless they are important to the teaching end of things.

Just my $0.02 worth (adjusted for inflation, of course!)
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard