Shifting drill to the left...???

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

mightyhorn
Shifting drill to the left...???

Post by mightyhorn » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:33 pm

I purchased my drill this year and am happy with it except it is heavey to the right side of the 50.
Our stands only extend fom 30 to 30 and our band seats take up the last 10 yards to the right.
So our fan seating is from the left 30 tp the right 40.

So i want to center the drill on the 40 yard line to the left of the 50.

1. Is there a "global" way to shift every one to the left 10 yards.

2. If I need to do it individually, how do I do that?

3 will these changes automatically update the cast sheets before I pass them out?

Thanks!

John Hulburt
PVHS LAKER BAND

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Shifting drill to the left...???

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 pm

You will need to use the push tool to move each set into place. This will allow you to reposition the forms where you want.

This will update the coordinate sheets and be correct when you print them out for the students.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

mightyhorn

Post by mightyhorn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Dustin!

I followed your directions as best I could and it works for the first two sets.
After that, the measures the band should be marking time, they actually march to the left.

I used the markers below the measure number line as my set markers.

Do I have to use the mark time sections as seperate sets also?
I thought i did each section the same.....

John

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

If you have a set for example that is 16 counts and they Float from counts 1-12 and hold count 1-16, then the steps I gave to you will overwrite the hold with a new transition floating from counts 1-16.

There are 2 ways of preventing this.
  • 1) Add a subset page tab at Count 12 in this example so that you can easily select the set to have the performers pushed over. Then if your hold is not correct you can spread click on the page tab at the end of the hold and then select the performers and go to Edit and select Delete to delete the transition to the new locations.
  • 2) Follow the directions I gave you previously except you will have to manually spread the anchors from counts 1-12 and do the push then you will need to confirm that the hold from 12-16 is showing properly. If it is not then you will need to spread your anchors over the hold, counts 12-16 for this example, and then select the performers and go to Edit and select Delete to delete the transition to the new locations.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536