Moderator:PywareTechSupport

lesmusic54
Upload to Youtube

Post by lesmusic54 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 am

How do you upload drills to youtube?

greatcow95

Re: Upload to Youtube

Post by greatcow95 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:57 am

In Windows, there is a "Make Movie" option within Pyware. It will launch a website plugin that will allow you to save drill video. On the Mac, there is a built-in functionality within QuickTime to make a screen video. In both OS-es, it's a relatively simple matter of following the prompts and then playing the entire drill so it can be saved.

I tend to make two videos when I make one. One is the white field grid and the other is the Real View stretched out to make it fit my screen. See here for examples of how I video Pyware: http://www.youtube.com/user/greatcow95/videos If I do a show for someone, they get the drill files, a grid view video with sound, and a Real View video with sound.

As for audio, I sync mine up manually (as best as I can). When I do a video of Real View with sound, there is usually a small lag between audio and video.

This can be fixed in the video editor of your choice (mine is Final Cut Pro, but if you have a preferred editor that isn't FCP, go for it!). I have a couple of full-ish programs that have sound where I recorded the Real View window only that I used Final Cut to sync up the audio as best I could. I imported the audio and then moved it around until I was happy with the results (I can be hard to please). Your mileage with audio may vary and it's a heck of a lot simpler than it sounds!

From there, it's a matter of going to your Youtube account and uploading the video. Modern video editors I have come across will even be able to do it for you. When I do it that way, I use PLACEHOLDER in the fields where I want to take my time and type something nice out.

I hope that helps you out.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!