Custom Props

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

adam
Custom Props

Post by adam » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi-

I'm wondering if it's possible to create/import custom 3D models of props. I'm starting on a show with some fairly specific props and would love to have something on my 3D field that at least gets close to what will really be there. I have access to and proficiency in several modeling programs (Rhino, Maya, Max) and wouldn't have a problem generating the model and/or 2D images of the different sides. But is there a way to get that model into Pyware with a reasonable amount of effort? I'm in the latest release of version 7.

Thanks!

greatcow95

Re: Custom Props

Post by greatcow95 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:03 pm

You have to export them into an image file that Pyware can read. From there, it's a simple matter of importing the image as a prop to Pyware and placing it. Smaller image files (both size and byte-wise) work the best, as it doesn't create PDF's that are 50 MB per PDF.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Adam

At this point there is not a way to import custom models.

What model are you looking for?

We do add new prop models based on request.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

adam

Post by adam » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:00 pm

We're just using these big gondola boats. I can image map a png onto a rectangle if it really bothers me, but I'm most likely not going to worry about it. Thanks.