Did I blow it?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

burger2go
Did I blow it?

Post by burger2go » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Ok, I have to admit it has been a really, really long time since I had purchased and used Pyware. During my 20+ years in the Army band, if I wrote drill, I mainly used graph paper, because most of our guys couldn't not march very well unless it was full step, straight ahead.

Now, I teach at a school, and we are diving into field marching. I just received a copy of Pyware 3D interactive 8 from a band store, and am having drill written by a very creative and helpful fellow. I just got the first got the first movement of our show, and tried to open it on my computer - can't. Not backwards comparable. Urgh...

This school has little money, and I thought I was being frugal in purchasing a copy -just in case either 1/2 of the students quit for hate of marching, or huge numbers pour in wanting to be part of it - I could make adjustments to the drill and not have to pay to have the whole thing reworked.

I tried to find the price for the update to Pyware 9, but even though it looked in the file, it says I have no older versions. So what is this going to cost me? What am I going to have to buy to edit my drill designers files (I think he is using a beta version?).

Please let me know if I made a mistake in purchasing this copy - I only had hoped to edit drill I paid for - and if I have any recourse other than spending more money.

Thanks!

Eric
916-200-5507

burger2go

Re: Did I blow it?

Post by burger2go » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Also - is there an easy way for me to purchase a group license of the Android viewer? I cannot "require" my students to purchase an app, and I can't think of any other way to do it. Thanks!

cavalier81

Post by cavalier81 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Have your drill writer save it as version 8 before sending it to you.

Reed
Impact Drill Designs

greatcow95

Post by greatcow95 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Depending on when you purchased, you might be able to upgrade for free. Check with Dustin about it.

Either that or have the drill writer save as V8. I'd gladly do that for you if they didn't and generate .3da files for the Pyware mobile drill viewer.
I enjoy charting military drills. Let me know if you need any assistance with one of them.

Visit G S Bailey Drill Designs

Visit my Youtube page also!