Split Tempo Movements?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Solstice
Split Tempo Movements?

Post by Solstice » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Greetings:

We have a section in our show this year that will call for the main body of the form to move in two (2) against the edges of the form, which is dissolving away, moving in three (3) so I really need to figure out how to push the center in 2 against 3... any thoughts or suggestions? Right now I'm trying to move the center in 2, while independently morphing the edges away in 3.... so that by the time the center of the form 'arrives' only the few performers in the center are still in a front, while the other performers have 'melted away'...

Thanks in advance...
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard

combia1

Re: Split Tempo Movements?

Post by combia1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 am

I wouldn't waste time getting Pyware to animate it correctly. If you know what you want to do, then just make sure the starting and ending charts are correct and then teach it. I used to wast SO much time in Pyware getting it to animate things that really didn't need to be animated.

For example, a lot of Michael Gaines drill moves for the Cavaliers are VERY cool. But they really on sequential step-offs and such. You can do it in Pyware if you want to see proof of concept that it will work, but I find it much more effecient NOT to animate every little effect.