Colorguard Users?

General Discussion about Marching

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Solstice
Colorguard Users?

Post by Solstice » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:27 pm

Greetings:

I work with a marching band during the fall (and we have our drill written for us on 3D) but I was wondering if there are any users who only write colorguard (or more specifically, Winterguard!) drill using 3D?

I have done almost all my drills using the stone tablet, err, paper and pencil method, and I'm interested in using 3D software for the winter season.

My questions are two-fold:

1) How easy is it to strt using drill writing software if you've never used it before? I am not a total tech-less wonder (I do work for a software development company afterall...) but I'm wondering what the learning curve is like?

2) Where can I get the floor modules for 3D Java? I know they exist, but I can't seem to find anyone that has them for sale? Also, lacking the modules, how hard is it to create a floor in the 3D Java version?

Thanks!
David R. Wilson

North Thurston High School
Solstice Colorguard & Winterguard

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

Floor Covers

Post by PywareTechSupport » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:10 am

1) The average learning time for the basics is around 24 working hours with the software. This number is generated from the calls that our support department recieves.

2) You may purchase the 3D Java and the Floor Plug-in from our distributor McCormicks Enterprises, 800-222-7536. The Standard version of 3D Java will allow you to create custom grids, the Floor Cover Plug-in allows you to insert you Floor Cover image into the design grid.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support