Standard of Excellence Exercises

Ask questions about the use of the software.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Anton
Standard of Excellence Exercises

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:59 pm

I just bought iPas and I was under the impression that it includes all the exercises in book 1 and 2, but this is not the case. Am I missing something? :cry:

marooncadets

Post by marooncadets » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 am

No you are not missing something. The for...only exercises are left out. It is a little difficult to make all of them work. Some of the just for exercises are in 3/4 and 4/4 making it impossible to write.

Here's what I did. Book 1 Lesson 117 is not written, so I wrote the separate Bassoon Line in a lesson, the flutes in a lesson, and the rest in another lesson. All the parts were covered but I had to write in the lesson who played what. Not complicated but a little time consuming.

FYI, there is no plan to have Book 3 lessons on iPAS, so if you want them you'll have to do them yourself. I can write a lesson in about 30 minutes or less and that includes scheduling it also. If you will work with the lesson wizard and write some lessons, the time will pass quickly.

I am currently writing the scale studies in the back of Book 1 as well as the rhythm studies and the kids are loving it.

If I can help any more, let me know

Jim
Jim Jolley- Assistant Director of Bands - Center Hill High School - www.chbands.com

PywareTechSupport
Site Admin

iPAS with Standard of Excellence

Post by PywareTechSupport » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:55 am

All of the Medal lines except for the FOR ONLY lines are included with the iPAS. There is a list of all the lessons included in the back of your method book. This list outlines what Exercises are evaluated using iPAS. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support