Can't create a profile for Drums & Mallet Percussion

Report problems you have been experienceing with the iPAS software

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

JimV
Can't create a profile for Drums & Mallet Percussion

Post by JimV » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 am

I have the Drum and Mallet Percussion book. I installed iPas easily on my Mac. But when I go to create my profile, there's no option to select that instrument. If I pick some other instrument, iPas tells me there are no lessons for that instrument. Can you help me use iPas with the drums and mallet percussion.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Can't create a profile for Drums & Mallet Percussion

Post by Pyware » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Q: I use the Drums & Mallet Percussion or Electric Bass. Why are there no lessons installed for my instrument.

A: Concerning the Enhanced percussion books, the iPAS Assessment Software, as specified on the back of every Enhanced book, is designed to assess woodwind and brass instruments only. All other instruments are able to access the metronome feature as well as the music accompaniments provided on disks one and two. Unfortunately, the technology is not available to be able to properly process the sounds produced by a percussion instrument or an Electric Bass to assess their performance the same way it does for the other instruments.

However, if your students would like to record their assessments using the iPAS Software, they can do so by simply logging in as a different instrument. Once logged in they can pick the exercise they wish to asses, and follow the instructions as provided.

Please note that the assessment grade received will not be an accurate assessment of their performance, but it will provide them with a recording of their performance that can then be e-mailed to you for evaluation. Though this is not an ideal solution, it does allow your students to utilize the software and gives you a chance to hear and judge their performance.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

JimV

Re: Can't create a profile for Drums & Mallet Percussion

Post by JimV » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 am

OK. Thanks.