Problem printing yard markers in Zoom

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

msuband
Problem printing yard markers in Zoom

Post by msuband » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

3d Java 4.2.12 on Windows XP SP2

I have used the grid designer to enlarge and move the yard markers to the place they are on the field, bottom of the numbers at 11 steps off the side and tops at 14 off the sideline. I have turned off the markers for the "5's", just even numbered yardlines.

The yard markers print correctly (two printers, deskjet and laserjet) when printed in full page mode. They are also displayed correctly on the screen in the print preview page when zoom is not selected.

When "Zoom chart for largest printout" is selected, the yard markers are in the correct location but are less than one step in size (very small) on both the print out and on the display on the print-preview screen.

How do I get the yark markers to print correctly when "Zoom chart for largest printout" is selected?

msuband

Re: Problem printing yard markers in Zoom

Post by msuband » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Must be a Java glitch. Reboot and restart and all's well with yard markers. They do now print in Zoom mode. If I didn't have the printouts with little bitty yard markers, I'd think I was crazy.

Does anyone ever tell you guys what lifesavers you are? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:26 pm

I was able to repeat the issue on my system, but not consistantly. I will keep investigating this issue.

msuband

Post by msuband » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

I am still having the problem where, when drill is printed zoomed, the yard markers disappear. The first post in this subject still applys.

So here's the latest: I'm doing drill for a high school that has 3 selections. The entire first drill, 12 sets printed perfectly--yard markers printed perfectly and showed up in the print preview screen as well.

Second selection has 13 sets. Sets 1 and 2 print perfectly, 3-7 have the printing problem, then in set 8 to the end the yard markers print perfectly again. I copied the drill to a thumb drive and moved it over to my notebook (Vista machine) and exactly the same problem. It is like those 5 sets got corrupted in the file and cannot print correctly.

Btw, the yard markers show up in print preview and print correctly IF I DO NOT ZOOM THE PRINTOUT. Closing the program, hard and soft reboot, no difference. I know the problem is that I am putting the yard markers on the field where they are on a real field, but when kids read a drill chart, it helps with a reference point.

Here are a few things I have done. It does not matter what printer I use. I press Ctrl/P. The program asks if I want to save before printing and I have always said yes. I check 'currently display set'. I tried with both markers on the same count on the count track and with primary and secondary markers set correctly. No difference in print. I uncheck 'print text'. Tried it both ways. No difference. I check 'thicker grid lines' and then check 'Zoom', with checks beside Primary Performer Position and also by Stage Front Border. When I check the print preview screen, the yard markers are very, very small on those 5 sets only.

I resaved the file with a different name. I reloaded the grid. I removed the yard markers from the grid, loaded the grid, replaced the yard markers, reloaded the grid, no difference. I can email to you the drill file in question if that helps at all. I tried to attach it but the extension .3dj is not allowed.

msuband

Post by msuband » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 pm

In case it helps, I'm running Windows XP SP3, Pentium 4 1.72 ghz, 1gb ram, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 256 mb card at 1920x1080. I reset the display to 800x600 and no difference in the problem.

I also downloaded and installed Java version 6 update 14 (JavaSetup6u14.exe) and no difference.

msuband

Post by msuband » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Partial success and workaround: I opened my problem drill file then the Grid Designer, loaded the default grid, and made all of the changes I had originally changed--deleted the '5' yardlines, moved the hashmarks to NCAA hashes, increased the size of the yard markers up two clicks, and moved the yard markers to a point where the bottom of the numbers is 11 off the side and the top is 14 off the side--then accepted the changed grid behind my existing drill (13 sets).

4 of the 5 problem sets now print correctly. Set number 6 still will not display the yark markers in the correct position.

Py, sorry for all of the posts. I just thought you might need more information.

Larry

msuband

Post by msuband » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:02 pm

OK. Last post. I found a workaround that works right now. See if you can reproduce this.

In the grid designer, I had enlarged (clicked the up button) the yard markers until they were roughly 6 feet in height. Again, so I could go with the bottoms at 11 off and the tops at 14 off the side.

When I lowered the size of the yard markers one click, everything began to print perfectly--correctly showing up in the print preview screen and printing correctly. Apparently, you can't make the yard markers that big or they default to a very, very small size.

Again, I can email you the file if you want to play with it.

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 am

Please email the file to me at dustin@pyware.com.