Latency issues on Version 5 and Snow Leopard

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

Chris Creswell
Latency issues on Version 5 and Snow Leopard

Post by Chris Creswell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:17 pm

I have been using Version 5 all summer and have noticed at times that there are latency issues. I finally figured out that the longer the transition I’m dealing with the longer it takes to highlight forms, fix labels, etc. For instance if I’m adjusting the first page of a file which has zero counts in it, it works very quick. If it’s a 32 count transition it can sometimes take up to 2 seconds to highlight a form. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if there is any known solution. I never encountered this on Version 4 on Tiger. It’s something I have lived with all summer but it does tire my hand out. (I know, whaaa!)

I’m running version 5 on Mac OS 10.6.4, 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of Ram

- Chris Creswell

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Latency issues on Version 5 and Snow Leopard

Post by Pyware » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 am

Chris

Please reinstall the 5.0.8 update from the website at www.pyware.com/updates.html. Then attempt a selection of performers to see if you experience issues still.

-Dustin
Pyware Customer Support

Chris Creswell

Post by Chris Creswell » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 am

Thanks Dustin, it seems to be better as far selecting and adjusting labels. Printing is much quicker also. Drawing and adjusting shapes is still sluggish though compared with V4 on Tiger. It’s not a huge issue but I wanted to let you know. Lord know it’s probably some kind of snow leopard issue.

- Chris

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Chris

Version 5.1 will be released later today. Could you please install that update when you get a chance.

-Dustin
Pyware Customer Support

Chris Creswell

Post by Chris Creswell » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Dustin, I installed 5.1 and updated all my mac software and I’m still noticing the sluggishness. To try it out I first drew a curved shape at count zero and there is instant action to the mouse. I then attempted to draw a new shape as part of a 32 count transition. While drawing, both clicking in the adjust boxes and also moving the adjust boxes resulted in about a 1/2 to 1 second delay from the time I moved or clicked the mouse until the action actually occurred on the screen. As before, the delay gets a little shorter when the number of counts in the transition is less. I can understand why it may occur that way, but I never encountered it on Tiger with version 4. I should mention that it’s seldom that I have 32 count transitions to deal with, but the sluggishness is still noticeable with a 16 count transition also, just not as bad. It does make drawing and adjusting a bit cumbersome, especially when trying to smooth out curved forms. Not sure if there is an easy fix but I wanted to fill you in.

Thanks, Chris

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Chris

Can you please change the stride zone to be clear in the application options. Also what color to have it currently set to display as?

-Dustin

Chris Creswell

Post by Chris Creswell » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:17 pm

I’ve had the transparency on clear all summer. Stride zone is currently set to display as white.