Real view turns and productions

Report problems you have been having while using the 3D Java program.

Moderator:PywareTechSupport

trimpe
Real view turns and productions

Post by trimpe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:31 am

Couple of things that I'm noticing lately.

1) Telling performers to turn from front sideline to back (or any significant change in facing) looks great when you just animate it without the audio sync. Once you play it with the audio, it looks jerky, kinda like it used to be in the old classic view. Not that big of a deal, but since it clearly works without the audio sync, it is noticable by comparison.

2) I almost always start my drill front the opening impact and work my way backwards to the opening set. It seems that when I do that, regardless of the information I tell it about who is playing what in the opening set, once it gets to the count that I created the performers in (in this example, the opening impact) it reverts them all to standard performers without instruments. From a programming standpoint, I think I can see why it's doing this, but it would be nice to have an option to select an instrument and have it keep that info for all counts, similar to how we can select where the labels are aligned to our symbols.

3) It seems that the longer I have the program open with the same drill, the more likely I am to start having performers lose their instrument info in the real view window and they default back to a standard performer with their arms spread out slightly. Closing and reopening always fixes this.

4) I'm 99% sure I remember somebody else saying this, but just in case, I lose instrument and uniform data between drills contained in a production. I keep them if I create a new file from the end of the old one. Since most of my personal clients get made in productions, I deal with this one almost daily.

5) I still have general issues with certain windows not taking focus correctly. The window will show up under another window entirely, and there is almost always no real way to get to it. For me the biggest offender is the real view window and the cameras menu. What I end up doing is hitting the camera button and then moving my mouse over where I think it is. When the mouse goes over the edge of the hidden window, it changes to the double arrow to re-size it. I grab it and move it over by a pixel or so and it moves to the front. Then I can set my cameras. When I close the window, I get the white border around the real view window that blanks out all the buttons and sliders. Minimizing and opening the window fixes it. I only have this issue on my desktop with dual monitors. Working on my laptop has none of these issues. Both systems are running 7.0.3 on an x64 Win 7 SP1 platform.

The one thing that is different is software I have running to manage the dual monitors. It's called DisplayFusion Pro. There is a free version that can be used and is available at http://www.displayfusion.com/ I also have a slightly different setup with my main monitor being to the right and the secondary to the left. It's mostly due to the size and shape of my desk. I think that this may be one of the things that is causing these "parent window" issues, although I have never had any problems with any other program on my system. Maybe it would be worth a shot adding it to one of your test stations to see if you can replicate the issue. I can also take a screen grab video and show you what it's doing if it would help you.

Keep up the good work. All my clients are loving the videos I'm sending from the RV window. Once you use it, it's damn near impossible to go back.

Pyware
Site Admin

Re: Real view turns and productions

Post by Pyware » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:13 am

JR

1) Could you email me a sample video to illustrate what you see on your machine for the animation and the drill that goes with it?

2) The software takes the information you set for the Real View and transfers that forward until there is a uniform or instrument change in the drill, then that information is transferred forward. So if there is no information set at the beginning of the drill for the Real View then it will retain the default information.

3) I am having trouble recreating this, about how long are you working with the software until this starts happening?

4) This issue is being addressed in version 7.0.4. In the mean time if you continue the file outside of the Production it will transfer the information properly.

5) If you could please take a screen capture of what you are seeing so that we can attempt to repeat the issue here.
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

trimpe

Post by trimpe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm sending you an email very shortly to dustin@ with the location of the files you asked for.

As for the extended usage, it's usually a couple hours or so, but I'm also multitasking quite a bit. A browser window is almost always open, iTunes, a chat window, a couple of PDF files. I'm hopping back and forth between them all, so it's possible that is also adding to whatever the issue may be.

raif72474

Post by raif72474 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Was this resolved for you? I am having similar problems as mentioned in your points 2,3, & 5......performers in Real View revert to standard performers without instruments or equipment, and I am having the windows issue where the real view windows show up under another window......

Pyware
Site Admin

Post by Pyware » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Make sure that you are on Version 7.1.4. This can be downloaded from http://www.pyware.com/updates.html
Thank you
Dustin Merrell
Pyware Technical Support
940-240-8536

jnekamp

Post by jnekamp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:09 pm

I too am having problems in real view with wind players doing a 4 count turn, it displays it as a one count turn when I am running animation with the audio, I thought a first it was the default BPM but that did not change anything. In addition the rifle tosses seem to be on their own tempo, a quad is like 6 counts, and one weird thing it I want it to initiate on a certain count and I don't have a page tab defined there, been playing with that.
I run two 27 inch monitors out of an iMAC, the real view and the count sheet editor are on one monitor and the grid is on the main. luv this set up.
Jay