With the Interactive Practice Studio you have access to:
- eBook versions of your favorite Kjos publications—leave your print books at home!
- Teacher Edition access to eBook versions of every student book in a series.
- Play-along accompaniment and demonstration recordings with tempo, looping, and mix controls.
- Video lessons that provide instruction of both basic and more advanced concepts and techniques.
- A personal recording studio with tools for easily mixing, storing, and sharing your recordings with teachers, family, and friends.
- Cultural and historical enrichments to cultivate development of total musicianship and meet the requirements of a standards-based education.
- Interactive glossaries to assist in the understanding of important terms and phrases.
- Flashcards that make learning the language of music fun.
- Practice journals and self-evaluation/reflection forms to help document student progress.
- Instant access to Kjos.com for information on more publications to enhance learning and teaching.
What Personal information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and register the Application. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the Application unless you register with us.
When you register with us and use the Application, you generally provide (a) your name, email address and password; (b) information you provide us when you contact us for help; and; (c) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information and project management information.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, and required notices.
Does the Application use the microphone to record audio?
This Application uses the microphone of the mobile device to record audio when a lesson is chosen to be recorded. This is stored locally on the device until the user chooses to share that with another application on your device. This recording is not shared without the user’s permission.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.